Community of Practice
Welcome to Experience and Design Practice. Here we are a community that is focused on improving how our customers and users interactive with AEMO’s digital platforms.
To establish a customer-centric design capability in the organisation that utilises modern design techniques and extensive prototyping to improve our customer experience in our solutions.
Key functions for Design Practice
Design Processes & Workflows
The primary goal of this practice is to establish a highly efficient design process that generates high-quality design outputs. We create benefits for all people who are involved in the design process, not necessarily just the designers.
- Build a process that would optimize designers’ day-to-day workflow—maximize engagement and reduce duplicated efforts.
- Unify design language across platforms. Unified language helps designers achieve consistency across all platforms.
The practice also determines what tools design teams need to work efficiently. They standardize the tooling and systems used, as well as introduce new tools and make sure designers adopt them.
- HCD canvas, templates
- Analytics tool
- Usability testings
- Design framework and language: GEL - AEMO's design system
- Figma (Design and prototype)
People & Culture
Invest in creating a design culture and promoting the culture within AEMO. The process of building a design culture includes the following areas:
- Education and upskilling. Design Practice figures out what skills are missing in a design team and how to gain them. They are also responsible for onboarding new team members.
- Recruitment & Retention. Design Practice protects designer resources from turnover by creating an environment in which people want to stay for longer periods of time.
- Accountability. They are responsible for holding the designer accountable.
- Knowledge sharing. They create a culture where team members share their knowledge generously with others.