Select inputs are dropdown inputs used when there are multiple options available for a single input field.
There are a total of 24 input variations to choose from. They are primarily divided into 4 different states (Default, Active, Filled, Disabled, and Error) of inputs.
- Select are dropdowns used inside form.
- A listbox is always opened when a select is triggered/clicked.
- In multselect listbox, the selection made by the use are reflected as chips. A “...” appends the chips list if the multi selected options do not fit in the select area.
- Labels, Required, Placeholders, Inline messages and Help text guidance same as in Inputs.
- Use Select if the selection options are more than 5. If less than 5 options, consider using a Radio/Checkboxes.
When to use
- Use Select inside forms when the input field requries selection to be made from multiple options.