Tabs are used to organize content by grouping similar information on the same page.
There are a total of 6 variations of Tabs to choose from in GEL.
- A tab reveals associated content when activated.
- Only one tab can be active at a time.
- The large variation of tabs are page level provided by the template. The smaller default sized tabs can be used for content level tabs.
When to use
- Tabs are used to show one content section at a time while maintaining a view of related options.
When not to use
- If content is part of a flow, consider using the steps component instead.
- Avoid confusing tabs with navigation links. Tabs help users remain in the same context; use navigation link for changing context.