Steps component is an indicator for steps in a wizard workflow.
There are 3 different sized varients of steps provided in GEL. Default(SM), MD and LG.
- Steps are used when the user are not regular to the process/workflow and require assistance to complete the workflow.
- Steps allows user to fill in data one by one before moving to another step in the the workflow.
- When using steps, make sure the steps are not very long. A 15 step wizard would not be intuitive for the user to go through.
- Refrain from using a step component inside another step. The process should be for only one end result.
When to use
- Use steps when the workflow is new for the user or occasional.
- Use steps as indicator of a user's progress within a process, i.e, in a checkbout flow.