A checkbox is an input control that allows a user to select one or more options from number of choices.
There are a total of 6 variations of checkboxes available in GEL to choose from.
- Checkboxes options ideally should be stacked vertically, however can be horizontally placed if the width is sufficient.
- All checkbox should be followed by text in a from.
- Users are able to select an option by clicking/tapping either the checkbox or its label.
- Consider using a Select if the options provided are more than 5.
- An intermediate state of checkbox can also be displayed when only some options are selected.
When to use
- Checkboxes are used in a form or multiselect dropdown for a user to indicate a selection of one or more options.D
When not to use
- If you are wanting to have a change immediately applied when an option is selected, consider using a toggle/switch instead.
- If selecting an option would change the state or view of other content, consider using a segmented control instead.