Alert is a page level message residing at the start of the content. Also known as message in PrimeVue.
There are 4 different sized varients of alerts provided in GEL. Info, Success, Warning and Error
- Alert is generally in page level with the second highest priority after banner.
- An alert ideally sits underneath the page heading above all the content for that particular page as displayed in the demo above.
- An alert can be used in combination with from validation to help users remedy errors.
When to use
- Use alert to advise the user that they should be aware of, or address something related to their current context.
- Educate the user about new or unused feature, or information related to their current context.
When not to use
- If you are immediately confirming a user's action while they remain in the same view, use a toast instead.
- If you are promoting, soliciting feedback, or informing a user about a feature, use a banner instead.