Dropdown buttons are CTAs that trigger displaying additional options to the user.
There are four different vairants of dropdown available in GEL.
- Dropdown buttons can be used to display additional actionable items within the button.
- You can use a dropdown button if the actionable items needs to be displayed upon clicking the button.
- A dropdown button is ideally complemented with tiered menu item as the options are trigger actions rather than just options as in listbox.
When to use
- Use dropdown when all the actions can be inside a parent button and does not require the user to have a default action.
When not to use
- Consider using a split button if you want a default action available without opening the list of options.