A Link usually will navigate the user away from the current screen.
There are three different vairants of links available in GEL.
- A link would navigate the user away from the current page without any modification done to the website.
- Use links when texts preceds or follow the link. - e.g. "Don't have an account? Sign up". Avoid using "Click here" only as the means of communication when using links.
- Text in a link can be longer than that of button.
- A link that navigates user to an external link should be appended with a external icon to communicate the purpose to the users. For example Learn more about PrimeVue
When to use
- Links should be used when the user is redirected to another location.
- Links are used for navigation and the action do not affect the website.
When not to use
- Consider using a button for actions such as submitting form or triggering a modal or changing elements of a website.
Link is a custom component specific to GEL and is not available in PrimeVue.