A spinner is an animated element that appears a user's action to indicate that saving or loading is in progress.
There are 3 different types of progress spinners available to choose from in GEL.
- User spinner to indicate background activity which takes short period of time is in progress .
- Similar to progress bar, if the spinner is either MD or LG, consider accompanying the spinner with a text informing what action/process is taking place.
When to use
- When an action has been taken and the server/process takes short time to load new data/content.
When not to use
- Ideally, only one spinner should be used at a time. If a larger section of content is loading, consider using a larger size spinner instead of multiple smaller ones or a skeleton loader instead.
- If the process takes a long period of time such as importing data or exporting reports, consider using a progress bar instead.