A progress bar is a status indicator indicating the percentage of completion of a process.
There are 3 different types of progress bars available to choose from in GEL.
- User progress bar to indicate the percentage of completion of a process.
- Similar to spinner, in ideal scenario, there would be only one Progress bar at a time in a frame/screen.
- The progress bar component should be supported by visible text indicating what the bar is for, and the units of progress represented.
When to use
- Scenarios to let user inform percentage of completion of a process.
When not to use
- If the amount of time or progress state cannot be calculate, consider using a progress spinner instead.
- If you are loading a content after action has been completed and waiting to get the data, consider using a skeleton instead.
- If running a wizard with discrete steps, consider using a step instead.