Tag are visual indicator higlighting the state for quick recognition.
GEL provides 10 different tags to be used in the system.
- A tag is static (non-interactive) by default.
- Tags can help categorize and organize the content based on the metadata provided by each data.
- Tags shouldn't be a standalone, floating element. If it can't be placed withing relationship to the object it supports, consider using another method that provides more context for the metadata.
- Avoid using long text strings inside a tag.
When to use
- Use tag to highlight metadata that provides additional meaning to the primary element.