A text area includes a label and a longer area you can type multiple lines of text into.
There are a total of 20 textarea to choose from. They are primarily divided into 4 different states (Default, Active, Filled, Disabled, and Error) of inputs.
- A textarea is ideally resizable by default. The textarea can also be non resizable as per the requirement.
- Textarea and Editor are similar. However, they differ in the fact that Editro allows user to format the text.
- Labels, Required, Placeholders, Inline messages and Help text guidance same as in Inputs.
When to use
- Use textarea to capture user inputs in the form of messages or long texts .
- Inputs that allow user to write small paragraphs without formatting should be ideal situation to use textarea.
When not to use
- If you want to provide user with format options, consider using a editor instead.