Input numbers allows the user to input numeric value only.
There are a total of 40 variations of input number to choose from. They are primarily divided into 4 different states (Default, Active, Filled, Disabled, and Error) of inputs.
- Input number are similar to Input fields but only take numbers as input value.
- When the user clicks any of the action button associated with the input field, the increased and decreased value should be reflected in the input field.
- Note: Additional options for designers provided if you want to change the layout of the text to single input or dual(i.e. displaying Currency at all times).
- Labels, Required, Placeholders, Inline messages and Help text guidance same as in Inputs.
When to use
- Use for numeric input which can be increased/decreased from the action button within the input group.
When no to use
- If the input required is alphanumeric or not entirely numeric, consider using Input or Select which is better suited for alphanumeric and non numeric values.