A radio is an input control that allows a user to select one options from number of choices.
There are a total of 5 variants of radio button availabe in GEL.
- Similar to checkboxes, radio buttons ideally should be stacked vertically, however can be horizontally placed if the width is sufficient.
- All radio should be followed by text in a from.
- One radio button should be selected by default using the checked attribute.
- Users are able to select an option by clicking/tapping either the radio button or its label.
When to use
- Use radio buttons to present a set of options, where only one option can be selected at a time.
When not to use
- If the options provided are more than 5, consider using a Select instead.